Welcome to Australia’s #1 EA Practical Workshop program!
Duration: 3-day course
This intensive 3-day breakthrough course addresses the challenges of how to apply Enterprise Architecture effectively and efficiently, whether you use a framework like TOGAF, or your own in a small or a medium-sized business or a large corporation or a government department. Whether your business is directed inward or outward, state, nationwide or international, EA is able to simplify and make your transactions, procurement and changes better faster cheaper.
This fully hands on course immerses participants in a real life case study where critical change, digital transformation and innovative solutions in a high-tech environment using latest innovations and best practices. The theory is minimal, designed to be just right to get the maximum return on the activities.
It aims at making architects, project managers, business analysts and executives’ setup or enhance their EA capability easily, rapidly and at a lesser cost.
Based on proven solution architectures techniques plus real-life experience from seasoned EA Axel Dancoisne, the facilitator for this workshop, who is incidentally also the author of the Strategy, Information and Resources Framework available here.
This master class includes:
- Activities using a mix of innovative EA Practices and methods also from The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) are done up in classes of between 6 and 18 (using collaborative and interactive groups).
- A quality set of fully customisable templates is supplied to maximise the learnings.
- An online modelling collaborative tool (MIRO for online course) is provided for classes to work on and learn how to present to high worth audiences.
- Knowledge and the practical application of general EA thinking and reasoning, with some learning of TOGAF architecture development method (ADM)
- Ability to understand and prioritise complex and conflicting stakeholders concerns and business requirements
- Understanding a very complex stakeholder scenario and applying the appropriate use of stakeholder management and engagement techniques to define a clear vision and requirement elicitation
- Practical definition and refinement of architecture principles that align to business drivers, goals and constraints and map to specific key performance indicators
- Development of populated architectures and artefacts that can be applied to any business problem
- Improved awareness of the types of security threats and the different approaches on how these threats can be mitigated
- Ability to present complex material in a simple and engaging manner.
Who should attend
- Managers responsible for employees that are working on enterprise architectures, solution architectures, programs of work and projects
- Staff involved in architecture work, such as project managers, business analysts, security architects, enterprise architects, solution architects and technology architects.
- TOGAF and other frameworks graduates who are keen to fast-track their hands-on architecture experience
Case Study Introduction
- Case Study Introduction
- Company background
- Overview of the value proposition
- Outline of the key stakeholders
- High-level definition of the business drivers
DAY 1 – SET UP SHOP
- UNIT 1 INTRODUCING CASE STUDY
- UNIT 2 ARCHITECTURE CONTEXT
- UNIT 3 GETTING STARTED
- UNIT 4 GOVERNING ARCHITECTURE WORK
- UNIT 5 REQUIREMENTS ELICITATION & MANAGEMENT
DAY 2 – DESIGN A SOLUTION
- UNIT 6 ENGAGEMENT & VISION
- UNIT 7 BUSINESS ARCHITECTURE
- UNIT 8 DATA ARCHITECTURE
- UNIT 9 APPLICATION ARCHITECTURE
- UNIT 10 TECHNOLOGY ARCHITECTURE
DAY 3 – DELIVER A SOLUTION
- UNIT 11 FROM OPPORTUNITY TO SOLUTION
- UNIT 12 SOLUTION MIGRATION & IMPLEMENTATION
- UNIT 13 IMPLEMENTATION GOVERNANCE
- UNIT 14 ARCHITECTURE CHANGE MANAGEMENT
- UNIT 15 CLOSURE & LESSONS LEARNED
$2,850 + GST
- Course presentation
- Printed colour course workbook
- Full catering, including sit-down lunch each day (Face to Face only)
- Certificate of Attendance at the end.
Candidates should ideally have at least 3 years of project experience.
Previous knowledge of TOGAF is not necessary.Tell Me More