DASA Fundamentals :
Course Duration: 2 consecutive days
Course Price: DevOps Fundamentals $2,400 + GST, full colour course ware, stationery kit, official material and exam voucher.
The DevOps Fundamentals qualification is designed to provide the core education necessary to build your DevOps vocabulary and to understand its principles and practices. With the help of key DevOps concepts and terminology, real life case studies, examples and interactive group discussions and extensive exercises in each module you will acquire a fundamental understanding of DevOps.
How Does DevOps Fundamentals Fit into the DASA Competence Framework?
After completing this course, you will cover the area marked as DevOps Fundamentals in the following figure of the DASA qualification scheme. As a result, you will reach the “Competent” level of the scheme.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the drivers responsible for the emergence of DevOps.
- Define and discuss the key concepts and principles of DevOps.
- List and explain the business benefits of DevOps and continuous delivery.
- Describe the Service Delivery process.
- Explain the concepts of test automation, infrastructure automation, and build and deployment automation.
- Describe how DevOps relates to Lean and Agile methodologies.
- Summarise case studies of IT organisations that are making the transformation to Adaptive IT and DevOps models.
- List the most common and popular DevOps tools.
- Discuss the critical success factors for DevOps implementation.
Note: The Optional Workshop is aiming at preparing the delegates for a real world practical application of DevOps at their work place.
Who should attend
- Individuals involved in IT development, IT operations, or IT service management
- Individuals whose role are touched by DevOps and continuous delivery, such as the following IT roles:
- DevOps engineers
- Product owners
- Integration specialists
- Operations managers
- Incident and change managers
- System administrators
- Network administrators
- Business managers
- Automation architects
- Enterprise architects
N.B. Basic familiarity with Agile, Scrum, Lean, and ITSM principles is beneficial
To take the exam, knowledge of IT and familiarity with IT services is recommended.
The examination takes 60 minutes with non-native speakers of English being permitted an additional 15 minutes. It is a closed-book, web-based exam and consists of 40 multiple-choice questions. The passing grade is 65%. Participants are permitted to use scratch paper. A proctor will be present or the exam will be proctored via a web cam.
DevOps Fundamentals (incl. DASA Acclaim Badge)
DevOps Agile Skills Association (DASA) is a non-profit organisation that provides an open, global community for DevOps and Agile skills development. It is organised as a community-driven platform open to participating member organisations to help define role-based competencies and learning curricula. For more information go to: www.devopsagileskills.org